Bring lawn chairs & get to know fellow chronic pain patients from across the Nation. Don’t Miss It!
- We will have doctors speaking, along with patient advocates, caregivers, patients, and others. Let Legislators and the Rest of America see our faces and make a presence, because as of right now, we don’t exist.
- The infliction of pain and the sacrificing of human dignity and quality of life will no longer be tolerated. Where the Benefits Outweighs The Risk, we will get the medication we need to acquire the highest level of functioning that we can have.
- The coercion behind the patient’s signing of Pain Management Contracts, often times stripping pain patients of all HIPAA rights. “Sign it or you’re not seen here” is the rule.
- The unlawful profiling of pain patients by pharmacies, without performing the due diligence of making a phone call for clarification or submitting an inquiry.
- The total disregard for our Veterans, who have laid their very lives on the line for our Country, many of which are homeless, and most receiving inadequate medical care, including pain control.
This may not affect you today, but it could tomorrow. Injury or illness can begin in an instant and last a lifetime.
One more thought. Every time the government shuts down a large chain of pain management facilities, as many as 20,000 Americans are showing up to doctor’s appointments to locked doors. People are left with nothing but a letter stating that the DEA has confiscated their records. People scrambled for what few pain management clinics were in the area. The rest of the people, unfortunately, will, for the first times in their lives, go to the streets. People have died. If the government were true to its mission, why wouldn’t they have provided for these patients when they closed their doctors’ offices down. Guilty until proven innocent. We need to take a stance now, not later.